S2 has significant experience in corrosion resistant metals and alloy fabrication. In addition, our sister company SGLT, supply chemical resistant glass lining technology - ideally suited for reactors, recievers and storage tanks. Our typical materials of construction include;
- Carbon Steels (including high strength, SSC and HIC resistant material grades)
- Stainless Steels and Super Austenitic (304, 316, 404, 416, 6Mo, NAG and high temperature grades)
- Duplex Stainless Steels (Duplex UNS S31803) Sandvik 2205.
- Super Duplex (UNS S32750/32760) Sandvik 2507, Zeron 100 grades
- Nickel Alloys (Alloys C22, C276, C2000, 28, 200, 201, 400, 600, 601, 625, 800, 825 and high temperature grades)
- Exotic elements (Titanium grades 2, 4, and 7, Zirconium 702, 705, Tantalum, Molybdenum)
- Plated material, (Chemical resistant coatings including StanCoat and StanGlass)
Material traceability is mandatory for international pressure vessel manufacturing therefore S2 Engineering Industries only purchase material from reputable and reliable sources.
Our systems and procedures ensure that we only order material from approved suppliers with full certification/documentation, which is checked when materials arrive at our Goods-In department. We also conduct non-contact chemical analysis inspection (where required) to ensure that the material certification accurately reflects the certification.