S2 Engineering (S2) design, manufacture, install and commission a comprehensive range of custom built Blenders, including V-Type (also known as V-Shell, Vee Cone or Y Cone blenders). Our S2 blenders are ideal for low shear tumble blending of powders and granules and are used extensively in the Pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical and live science industry sectors.
The S2 Engineering blenders can also be supplied with an integral drying system, in a variety of configurations - click here for further details
S2 V-type Blenders are designed so that they provide an intensive mixing action. As the V-Shell is rotated the powder is repeatedly divided and then mixed together. Product is typically brought to the S2 v-blender in a drum. The drum is secured to the v-shell inlet orifice and then both drum and V-shell are inverted by the blender through 180 degrees. This allows the powder to be able to fall into the V-Shell under gravity. The drum is then removed before blending commences.
V-Blenders provide a range of operational benefits as stated below, making them an ideal item of process equipment for batch production in the Pharmaceutical, Food and Chemical sectors.
V-Blender Design Features
- cGMP equipment design and construction
- There are no scrapers, ploughs, scoops or vanes which hold material and prevent uniform blending.
- All bearings of the blender are external to the blending vessel
- Non-clogging design. Easy to clean
- S2 can manufacture V-Shells to any specification, the most usual shapes are Symmetrical or Asymmetrical. The outlet cone usually has a 60° angle to assist discharge.
- Direct Drive mechanism - S2 design does not have a conventional belt pulley, chain sprocket , spur gear other mechanical member for torque transmission or speed reduction. Hollow shaft gearbox is used.
- Cantilever type support can be given for DCB models up to 1000 Litres thereby saving the space beneath the equipment and thereby isolating the serve area
- Complete Automation with PLC based operation is possible.