The S2 Engineering Nauta Dryer works on the principle of a conical mixer whereby the primary mixing screw is inclined at the same angle as the cone wall and conveys the product from bottom of the vessel to the surface.
The mixing screw sits on an arm from the centre drive mechanism and this assembly allows the mixing screw to orbit around the circumference of the inner wall of the vessel, mixing the process media and allowing heat transfer through convection.
As process media from the screw rises to the surface a counterflow of downward material drops with gravity. The speed of the downward media increases as the vessel diameter decreases thus resulting in a fast and intensive product mixing with low power consumption and high mixing efficiency.
This S2 Nauta Dryer units can be supplied with a range of optional features including twin screw arm mixing and heating jacket etc. - see below for full design and technical specifications.
Nauta Design Features
The S2 Nauta Dryer's are innovatively designed to minimise production costs and maximise product efficiency and effectiveness. Some of the design features include;
- Modular Design with Stainless Steel cGMP construction
- 100-10,000 Litres Capacity
- Low Power Consumption
- Designed for safe operation
- Suspended mounting as standard (Frame mounting optional
- Single Screw orbiting arm as standard (Dual screw mixing is optional)
- Removable Lid for cleaning/access
- Bottom exit process media discharge