The S2 Engineering Rotary Cone Vacuum Dryer (RCVD) is completely jacketed for optimum dryer efficiency. Heat transfer fluid, typically hot water, steam or vapour, is circulated around the conical jacket for even product drying through conduction. S2 can supply the Thermal Control Unit where required (see options below).
As the dryer rotates, given the shape of the vessel, the entire product batch is thoroughly mixed and high speed dried. This blending and inter-folding process maintains uniform temperatures and eliminates any probability of product re-condensation due to cold spots. S2 then use a high vacuum to draw off any remaining moisture while the product is in motion and thereafter the batch is easily discharged and cleaned given the conical shape of the vessel.
RCVD's provide a range of operational benefits as stated below, making them an ideal item of process equipment for batch production in the Pharmaceutical, Food and Chemical sectors.
RCVD Design Features
- cGMP equipment design and construction
- Robust construction. Double pedestal supported (Single version is non-preferred but can be supplied for limited physical space applications)
- Sealed single piece heating jacket
- All bearings of the dryer are external to the blending vessel
- Non-clogging design. Easy to clean
- Direct Drive mechanism - S2 design does not have a conventional belt pulley, chain sprocket , spur gear other mechanical member for torque transmission or speed reduction. Hollow shaft gearbox is used.
- Cantilever type support can be given for RCVD models up to 1000 Litres thereby saving the space beneath the equipment and thereby isolating the serve area
- Complete Automation with PLC based operation is possible